Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Opah!



We're grocery store junkies. We seek them out like a baseball card collector seeks out the 1989 Upper Deck set. On a business trip I'll scout out local grocery stores in advance. Yeah, I'll nerd out on a good produce section and go to town on the prepared foods.

Our latest obession at home is Good Earth Natural Foods in Fairfax. This grocery store is firing on all cylinders. The produce section is not only extremely fresh but they actually have markdowns which is almost unheard of. Currently a 6oz pint of Organic Blueberries is going for $3.29. I dare you to find better. The prepared foods section is easily the best I've seen. Yeah, they have the fresh baked pizzas but they offer multiple gluten and wheat free versions. They have a made-to-order Thai food station which is loaded with flavor and can be completely Vegan.

And their salad bar is ballsy. No cheese. No meat. But tons of fresh organic veggies. A perfectly balanced raw Kale salad and about 8 different salad dressing options. And the best part? They print the ingredients for each dressing so you know what you're getting. Vegan Cesar Dressing...that's what's up.

I haven't even mentioned the fresh press juices. Yes, they're expensive (around $7.00 for 16oz) but very much worth it. I had the Beet, Kale, Apple and Orange juice which was labeled as the Body Cleanser. Mission accomplished.

We want to expose Bubba to as many new flavors as possible. So I always like to buy a new fish for her to try. Today's find was Opah. A delicious white fish from Hawaii. Here's how I prepared the Opah:

Opah
1-12oz filet
Lightly coat in olive oil
Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Pepper
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Yum.

I split the Opah into 2 servings. I ate the first one all by itself at work for lunch. The second one I combined with some asparagus I had cooked earlier and topped with fresh Pico de Gallo. Boom. If i can figure out how to make this damn picture work, I'll share what this great meal looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment